SPECIAL RATE FOR BADN MEMBERS AT INFECTION PREVENTION CONFERENCE
Infection Prevention in Dentistry
One Day Conference
1st October 2012, 8.45am – 4.00pm — ACC, Liverpool
£80 for British Association of Dental Nurses (BADN) and Infection Prevention Society (IPS) Members
£95 for Non-Members
The Infection Prevention Society is offering a special IPS members’ rate to current BADN members wanting to attend this important Conference.
Infection Prevention in Dentistry has recently undergone expediential developments.
The overarching themes for the conference programme is to arm practices with knowledge and systems to meet current demands and requirements by informing expert practice, promoting partnership and collaboration, and sustaining systems for patient safety. The day is aimed at dental staff including dentists, decontamination and infection control practice leads.
Programme highlights include:
- Improving the quality of local decontamination in primary care dental practices: Serbjit Kaur, Head of Quality and Standards for Dental and Eye Care Services, Department of Health
- The Dental Decontamination Audit Tool and scoring system – making it fair and relevant: Nigel Tomlinson, Former Principal Scientific Adviser, (Now retired), Department of Health
- Contamination and its control in dentistry: Peter Hoffman, Consultant Clinical Scientist, Health Protection Agency
- Legionella in dental surgeries –do we have a problem? Mike Williams, Dental Adviser, NHS Mersey Cluster
- Use, maintenance and testing of decontamination equipment to HTM 0105 requirement’s: Martin Loftus, Business Development Manager, Eschmann Equipment
- Barriers to the adoption and implementation of HTM 01-05: Martin Fulford BDS MPhil DGDP FIBMS, Professional Lead – Dentistry, NHS Somerset
In addition to a comprehensive programme, the day includes access to an extensive infection prevention exhibition featuring over 100 companies, with new innovative products and practical solutions. These companies will provide you and your practice with access to information on the latest developments to combat the problem of infection prevention and control and healthcare associated infection.
Places are limited so apply early – the quickest way is via the website – visit: www.eventsforce.net/dentalconf2012