Become a Member
Thousands of dental nurses nationwide are already a member of our association, so what are you waiting for?!
New regulations now require all new and renewing GDC registrants to state that they have adequate indemnity cover! Make sure you’re covered by joining the British Association of Dental Nurses and receive indemnity cover allowing you to carry on with your work duties.
As a dental nurse, time and money are important to you! Not only you can keep up to date with developments in dentistry via our quarterly digital ‘’British Dental Nurses’ Journal’’ and get up to 8 hours verifiable CPD but you will also gain access to special offers and discounts on holidays, car insurance, home insurance, utility bills, family attractions and much more!
We also offer a Student Associate Membership for those who are currently enrolled or awaiting placement on an approved training programme for only £10.00 a year! As a part of our benefits scheme, student members are also eligible for NUS Extra discount card at £10.00 for 13 months; giving you even more savings across the high street and online brands!
We also provide special rates to part-time Dental Nurses. It is NEVER too late to join your association!
Simply enter how much you are paying (per month or per year) for household and other expenses, then click on the Calculate button to find out how much you could save with BADN Benefits.
* Full-Time Membership – more than 20 hours per week
** Part-Time Membership – 20 hours or less per week.
It would appear that some items posted to the BADN office have not arrived. If you posted your membership application/renewal to us in the last few weeks, and have not received an acknowledgement, please contact email@example.com to ensure that we received it.
We would suggest that anyone joining BADN does so on line – see below – and anyone renewing their BADN membership does so on line, using the link in the email sent to you by TRM. Associate, Student and non-indemnity members should post their applications/renewals to BADN, and email Val to let her know you have done so.
Great! You’ve now made your choice to become a proud member of the British Association of Dental Nurses. Now its time to put pen to paper to make it happen and start enjoying all the amazing offers and discounts waiting just for you! First, you will need to make sure you fill out an application form for the full membership with indemnity cover online or if you opt for a membership without indemnity cover you will be asked to fill out a hard copy application;
If you wish to apply online for a full membership with indemnity cover, click ‘Apply Online‘ button below. You will be redirected to our indemnity brokers website, Trafalgar Risk Management and asked to complete an application.
Want to become a member but don’t require indemnity cover? You’re in the right place! You can still enjoy all the benefits of being a member and save money throughout a year without breaking the bank!
Click the ‘Download Now‘ button below, print off the forms and send them to us! We will get your membership up and running in no time so you can start saving money!
Are you currently studying or waiting to go on to a programme that will get you your Dental Nurse qualification but want to be a part of our association? Our student e-membership is here just for that reason!
Student e-membership will give you access to all the great content, wide range of discounts and CPD hours for only £10.00 a year.
To apply, simply click the ‘Download Now‘ button below and select ‘Student e-membership‘ cover option from the selection. We’ll take care of the rest!
Are you working as a Dental Nurse abroad? Perhaps, you’ve now left the Dental nursing industry or retired from your professional career but wish to have access to the latest news from the world of dentistry and enjoy a wide range of benefits at the same time?
Our range of associate memberships is the right choice for you! When you apply, make sure correct membership cover is selected.
To apply, click on ‘Download Now‘ button below to print off the form, fill it out and send it over!
There are two ways you can make a payment for your membership – Credit/Debit Card or Cheque. Both options hassle free! If you’re paying by Credit/Debit Card, please enclose your details in the application form.
You may wish to pay the fee’s via cheque, therefore, you will be asked to send the cheque via post to our BADN offices where it will be processed.
Please ensure that the payment details are correct and attached to the application form. This will enable our team to process it without any details upon receiving your application forms.
So, the application has been completed, sent and the payment either attached or already made online. Now, you can sit back and relax while we make sure everything is set up and running. Once we get a confirmation that the payment has been cleared, our team will send you a welcome letter along with your BADN membership card. The documents will include your unique BADN membership number which you will need to log in to your member’s area, gain access to journals, exclusive website content, and other BADN benefits.
If you’ve applied for a membership with indemnity, our insurance broker, Trafalgar will send your insurance policy documents via email, giving that you have provided an email address so, look out for those as they are important!
If you’re having any issues with the online or hard copy of the application, don’t hesitate to contact us as we will be happy to guide you through the process over the phone. Visit ‘Contact Us‘ page for more information.
BADN Benefits – Check out some of the benefits that come along with the membership.
BADN Indemnity Fact Sheet – All the important information about the indemnity in one place.
BADN Medmal Policy Cover – for members joining/renewing on or after 1 February 2017.
BADN Medmal Policy Cover (valid until 31/01/17) – for members who joined/renewed prior to 1 February 2017, until renewal in 2017/18).
- BADN reserves the right to withdraw any application without given reason.
- BADN membership is non-refundable, however, if you took out a membership with indemnity – you may be eligible for indemnity refund only at pro-rata basis.
- BADN reserves the right to amend the prices of the membership as and when deemed necessary following changes in inflation and/or Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) set out by the Government. Customers will be informed of the changes and awaiting approval prior to the payment being processed.
- Student Associate e-Membership is only available to Student Dental Nurses currently on or awaiting placement on a course leading to a registerable qualification.
- Student Associate e-Membership does not include indemnity cover or legal expenses cover.
- Associate Memberships do not include indemnity nor legal expenses cover. Associate Members may attend AGM’s but may not speak or vote; nor may they hold office.
- Cheque payments are to be made payable to BADN and sent to the British Association of Dental Nurses, Room 200, Hillhouse International Business Centre, Thornton-Cleveleys, FY5 4QD.
- BADN membership will be confirmed and activated once the payment has been cleared.
- BADN accepts no responsibility for any delays in processing the application form due to other factors such as office closures, delays in mail delivery or timescales to clear the payment.
- The memberships with indemnity cover are available only to Dental Nurses currently registered with the General Dental Council (GDC). The indemnity cover is provided by Trafalgar Risk Management Limited (TRM). The applications are subject to the underwriter’s approval based on the information provided at the time of the application.
- Insurance underwriter is CFC underwriting, 85 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0AA.
- BADN acts as an Appointed Representative of Trafalgar Risk Management Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 311662. You can check this on the FCA register at www.fca.gov.uk
- Data Protection Act – All personal information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by the British Association of Dental Nurses and will only be disclosed to any third parties to the extent required to enable us to provide our services to you. To provide you with products and services this information will be held in the data systems of the British Association of Dental Nurses.