2014 NATIONAL DENTAL NURSING CONFERENCE TERMS & CONDITIONS
By registering for the 2014 National Dental Nursing Conference, you agree to the Conference Terms and Conditions:
- Payment is required upon registration by credit or debit card. Payment is not made on-line, but off-line in the BADN office. A place at Conference is not reserved until payment has successfully been taken.
- If a card is refused by the card provider, a £10 administration fee will be added*
- Refunds of the conference registration fee are available for cancellations made up to and including 15 September 2014- less a £10 administration fee. No refunds are available for cancellations made on or after 16 September 2014
- Substitute delegates may attend Conference with the prior permission of, and at the discretion of, the Chief Executive**
- Registrations made on or before 17 August 2014 are charged the early bird discounted registration fee; those made from 18 August 2014 are charged the full registration fee. Both early bird and full registration fees are lower for current BADN members.
- All delegates (including substitute delegates) must be members of the dental team: registered dental professionals, students working towards a registerable qualification or non-registered dental practice managers and dental receptionists.
- As registered dental professionals, delegates are expected to attend Conference appropriately dressed – ie business dress or smart casual. Any delegates attending in shorts, sportswear, beachwear, or other clothing deemed by the Chief Executive to be inappropriate (ie excessively revealing, offensive slogans, etc) will be asked to leave Conference. They may return to Conference suitably dressed if they wish; if not, there will be no refund of Conference fees.
- Delegates are also expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to registered dental professionals. Delegates who are inebriated, or under the influence of illegal substances, who display aggressive or violent behaviour, who are abusive, use offensive language, or otherwise offend or harass delegates/staff or behave in a manner deemed by the Chief Executive to be inappropriate, will be asked to leave Conference. In this instance, no refund of Conference fees will be available.
- Delegates are also requested to refrain from holding conversations during presentations, to speak during Question & Answer or general discussion periods when invited to do so by the Session Chair, to turn mobile phones and other electronic devices off during sessions and to generally observe the rules of common courtesy towards fellow delegates, speakers and BADN staff. Delegates who fail to do so may be asked to leave the session by the Session Chair.
- Delegates agree to any photographs of the event on which they are visible being used by BADN in press releases, on the BADN website www.badn.org.uk and other websites, on Facebook, in the “British Dental Nurses’ Journal” and other publications, on the BADN members’ CD-Rom or other BADN communications, for use in the promotion of BADN, BADN activities, and/or this and future Conferences and for training purposes. Any delegate who does not wish to appear in photographs should contact the Chief Executive in writing before the Conference.
- The taking of photographs, video recordings, audio recordings and any other electronic reproductions of any Conference session, including the Opening/Closing Ceremonies and Buffet Lunches by delegates is not permitted. All images of Conference, electronic and otherwise, are the property of BADN and may not be reproduced, posted on websites, published or distributed in any way whatsoever. Any delegates found to be taking photos, videos, recordings etc will be asked to leave Conference and no refund of Conference fees will be given.
- Delegates will only receive verifiable CPD hours for those sessions which they attended – not those for which they merely registered. Confirmation of attendance will be made at each session.
- Programme details are correct at the time of going to press; however BADN reserve the right to amend the programme and cannot be held responsible for any changes.
* If a debit/credit card is refused by the card provider, the registrant will be contacted by BADN and asked to rectify their position with their card provider or provide details of another card. The registrant’s place at Conference is not reserved until payment (plus the £10 administration fee) is successfully completed. If the same card is remitted after the initial refusal, the registrant may be liable to additional charges by their card provider. ** Requests for delegate substitutions should be made in writing to the Chief Executive at email@example.com before 26 September 2014, stating the full name and confirmation number of the original delegate, the full name of the substitute delegate and the reason for the substitution. Up to and including 26 September 2014, the substitute delegate may change the presentations chosen by the original delegate upon payment of a £5 administration fee – no changes are possible on or after 27 September 2014. A non-member substituting for a BADN member delegate will be additionally be required to pay the difference in registration fees.
The Chief Executive’s decision on any of the above is final.