BADN STUDENT ASSOCIATE MEMBERS ELIGIBLE FOR NUS DISCOUNT CARD
12 September 2014
One of the main benefits of being a student is of course, student discounts! But, up to now, the majority of student dental nurses may have found that they are not eligible for these discounts.
Now, through BADN Benefits, BADN Student Associate Members can enjoy over 170 of their favourite High Street and online brands through NUS extra for just £10 (which is a 20% discount on the usual price) for 13 months, which is an extra month for free!
Here’s just a taster of what student dental nurses could enjoy*:
- 10% off the weekly food shop at Co-operative Food
- Unlimited music with 50% off Spotify Premium and Napster
- Up to 40% off at Pizza Express
- Save 5% at Amazon.co.uk and enjoy free next day delivery with a 6-month free trial with Amazon Prime
- 10% off homewares at Matalan
- 25% off the student priced cinema tickets at ODEON
- 10% off your toiletries and beauty essentials at Superdrug
- Fashion discounts from ASOS, New Look, Warehouse, Jack Wills and Oasis – and that’s just for starters!
- Save on travel with 10% off Cross-country and 25% off National Express
- 10% off at Cotswold Outdoor and Blacks
- 25% off at Zizzi, Prezzo and Giraffe
Student dental nurses will need 3 things to get their NUS extra card:
- Be a BADN Student Associate Member on a bona fide dental nursing course leading to a registrable qualification
- Have a webcam or recent photo to upload
- Have their credit or debit card ready
Those student dental nurses who are already BADN Student Associate Members can find out more about the NUS extra card through the members’ area of the BADN website www.badn.org.uk (you will need to know your BADN membership number).
Those who aren’t yet Student Associate Members can join for just £30 per year by downloading, completing and returning the Associate Membership Application Form available at www.badn.org.uk/sign-up. Student Associate Members have access to the quarterly digital editions of the “British Dental Nurses’ Journal”, to free legal advice or professional, confidential counselling through our telephone Legal Helpline or telephone counselling service, to discounted rates at the National Dental Nursing Conference, to the members’ area of the BADN website with information and advice, and to “BADN Benefits”* which offers additional discounts and special offers on a wide range of products and services (home/car/travel insurance, gyms, shopping, travel, cinemas, car services, magazine subscriptions, Apple products, mobile phones, eating out, top UK Merlin attractions such as Alton Towers or Madame Tussauds…… and much more).
Many student dental nurses are unaware that they can support the dental nursing profession alongside their RDN colleagues by joining BADN, their professional association – or of the many benefits of membership. Please share this information with your student dental nurse colleagues – hard copies of the Associate Membership application form may be obtained from Val in the BADN office on 01253 338366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions apply. See website for details. Offers and prices subject to change without notice.