Elaine Simmons | Wales/Health & Safety Committee
Elaine qualified at Liverpool Dental Hospital in 1974 gaining both the United Liverpool Hospitals Diploma and the National Certificate. She later completed the Royal Society of Health Diploma in Dental Health Education in 1978, in 1999 the University of Bangor Radiography for Dental Nurses with Distinction and the A1/A2 Assessors Award NVQ City & Guilds followed, in 2005, by the BTEC Management Level 4 and C&G 7407 Tutors Course as well as the Licentiateship in Dental Nursing. A Fellow of BADN, Elaine has worked in Community Dental Service, General Dental Practice and the prison service.
The Aims and Objectives of the Committee are:
- To provide valid, reliable and current Health and Safety information to BADN members and to assist in raising awareness of Health and Safety issues
- To write and up-date Health and Safety advice sheets
- To monitor changes in legislation and inform members accordingly
- To submit regular articles to the British Dental Nurses’ Journal
- To develop and promote an agreed standard with regard to safe working practices throughout dental surgeries.
- To raise Health and Safety awareness in dental nurse training establishments by working closely with the BADN National Education Group
- To encourage and support promotional Health and Safety activities aimed at dental nurses