win a massage
Philips has launched a new multi pack format to help dental professionals assess the benefits of each of the brush heads in the Sonicare range. The pack includes a clutch of new brush heads to offer patients even greater plaque control and whiter teeth using a Sonicare toothbrush – even if they have sensitive teeth. By brushing up on the alternatives, Dental Professionals will be able to confidently recommend the right brush head for each patient’s needs and will be able to help patients tailor their brushing more specifically.
For people with especially sensitive teeth and gums, Philips new Sensitive brush head has ultra-soft filaments at the core of the bristle field which makes it 25% softer than standard Sonicare ProResults brush head1. The filaments are trimmed in a dome shape, designed to apply less pressure on sensitive teeth and gums, yet it is clinically proven to remove up to 54% more overall plaque than a manual toothbrush2 and an in vitro study showed it to be significantly gentler on the dentin.3
The pioneering new DiamondClean brush head is clinically proven to remove up to 100% more plaque in hard-to-reach areas compared with a manual toothbrush.1 This is as a result of its new angled bristle configuration which allows for 44% more tufts to fit onto the Standard sized brush head.1 These bristles are proven to be gentler on the dentin than a manual toothbrush1 and the brush is clinically proven to whiten teeth in just one week.4
Brushing up on the alternatives
The new multi pack contains five different brush heads; the DiamondClean Standard, DiamondClean Mini, ProResults Standard, ProResults Mini and a Sensitive Standard. The Standard brush heads provide patients with a good all round clean, whilst the Mini brush heads allow for a more focused clean in specific areas (and are also beneficial for patients with smaller mouths). The Sensitive brush head cares for the teeth and gums of those with sensitive teeth or tender mouths after oral surgery or because of illness.
The brush heads are interchangeable, allowing the ProResults and Sensitive brush heads to fit the Sonicare FlexCare, FlexCare+ and HealthyWhite. All the heads are suitable for use in the Sonicare UV Sanitiser, which effectively kills 99% of selected germs5 after brushing. The brush heads all have reminder bristles which gradually fade and after three months of active brushing, Dental Professionals are advised to remind patients it is time to replace their brush head for optimal results.
1 Data on file
2 Comparison of plaque removal by novel Philips Sonicare sensitive brush head and a manual toothbrush. Putt M, Milleman J, Jenkins W, Schmitt P. Data on file, 2010
3 Dentin abrasion study: Comparison of ProResults and Lemon Jelly brush heads and ADA Reference manual toothbrush. John Hix, Marko de Jager, M Moore, MS Putt (IPFW), Data on file: April 14, 2011
4 Evaluation of stain removal by Philips Sonicare DiamondClean power toothbrush & manual toothbrush. Colgan P, DeLaurenti M, Johnson M, Jenkins W. Data on file 2010.
5 Selected germs include E.coli, S. mutans and, H.simplex
* Terms and conditions of the prize draw
1. This prize draw is run by Philips Electronics UK Limited (Company number: 446897) (“Philips”).
2. Philips is giving away one credit for a spa or salon treatment up to the value of £100 at a UK spa or salon of your choice and one Sonicare multi brush head pack.
3. To enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answer to the competition question, along with your contact details. The words “Multi pack competition” must be included in the email title field.
4. Entry is limited to any dental professional (dentist, hygienist, therapist, nurse or practice manager) who is over the age of 18 years at the time of entry, and who are resident in the UK. Employees of Philips Electronics UK Limited, their families and anyone professionally connected to this offer are not eligible to enter.
5. Entry is limited to one per person.
6. Entries for the prize draw must be received by 1 December 2011.
7. The draw will take place on 2 December 2011.
8. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the draw taking place.
9. The winner’s name will be available by contacting email@example.com after 9 December 2011.
10. By entering the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11. Incomplete and illegible entries shall be subject to disqualification. Only one entry per person is permitted.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify or reject any entry we believe to be in conflict with the terms of the prize draw or made in bad faith or on other reasonable grounds.
13. No cash alternatives are offered.
14. Prize draw winners may be required to participate in publicity without additional compensation, however reasonable expenses will be paid for, provided the prior written consent of Philips is obtained.
15. No correspondence, except for notification of the winner, shall be entered into.
16. We may cancel or amend the terms of this prize draw at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details via the same publication as this prize draw was displayed in.
17. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond our control.
18. These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England.
19. Philips will use the personal information you provide for the purpose of administering this prize draw in accordance with your communication preferences.